Included in Primulaceae in Michigan Flora.
1. Corolla yellow to red (rarely blue); leaves opposite or in multiple whorls.
2. Leaves sessile, not over twice as long as broad; corolla red (rarely blue); capsule circumscissile.
2. Leaves petioled or over twice as long as broad (or both); corolla yellow; capsule dehiscing longitudinally.
Lysimachia (in part)
1. Corolla white; leaves alternate or in a single whorl.
3. Leaves alternate; flowers 5-merous, in a terminal raceme.
3. Leaves in a single whorl; flowers usually 7-merous, solitary on 1–3 (–4) pedicels.
All species found in Myrsinaceae
MICHIGAN FLORA ONLINE. A. A. Reznicek, E. G. Voss, & B. S. Walters. February 2011. University of Michigan. Web. August 18, 2018. https://michiganflora.net/family.aspx?id=Myrsinaceae.